Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Small Wedding Celebration!

What a neat cake to make! This was for a good friend whose mother just remarried, and they were having a small family celebration for the new couple.
Did I mention that her mother is in her 70's!
She is such a sweet lady, and I was so flattered to be asked to make this cake for her and her new main squeeze!

The initials are B H R. Not exactly like I wanted them, but I am learning!
Free hand work is so hard! All the decoration was done in royal icing.
This was my first time using it and I think I have a long way to go!

I always use any extra batter, so cuppies are such a nice thing to "throw" in with a cake!
These were my first cuppies that I have ever used fondant on.
I sure hope the newlyweds enjoy their celebration and their cake!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mrs. T. said...

These cakes are absolutely beautiful!! I'd love for you to put an album of them in the Arts & Crafts Exhibit on Sunday if you can.