Thursday, December 2, 2010

more wedding ideas...

I am so excited about this cake. I made it for an event that is taking place at my house this weekend. It is going to be A Handmade Holiday open house. My friend Amy, from Gabriel's Good Tidings,will be there selling lots of great sewn items, my sweet sister Sarah, from Lilyfly's Garden, will be there selling her gorgeous jewelry, and her friend Kristen, from Knots of Love, will be selling adorable hair bows.

This cake is actually a "dummy" cake. It is fake! Instead of cake it is Styrofoam. All the outer work is real though! This is an idea if you are wanting to cut costs at your wedding. A fake cake supplemented by sheet cake or cupcakes. This is what I did at my wedding and we saved a lot of money!

Enjoy!




1 comment:

Wenni Donna said...

Hey, these wedding ideas look incredible! Thanks my friend for sharing this article. We too would be marrying soon and I am sure that it would be a fun wedding! I am just loving all of the party planning process. From an online portal I have just booked one of the most beautiful Chicago venues as well.